This competition also will be run in compliance with the Bonnier Zaffre Private Policy found here: https://www.bonnierzaffre.co.uk/cookies-privacy-policy/
1. This competition is open to UK and Irish residents up to the age of 15 with the exception of employees of the Promoter, their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion.
2. If you are under the age of 13 then you MUST have permission from your parents to enter.
3. Entries which are sent via teachers, schools or parents are acceptable
4. If your teacher/school is sending in your entry then they must also have permission from your parents.
5. Only one entry per person.
6. To enter e-mail email@example.com with ‘young reporter’ in the subject line, with your age. If you are under 13 then your parents must e-mail us.
7. Entries must be received by 23:59 GMT on 1st July 2019. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt.
8. The prize is to have your story published in a future Potkin and Stubbs book of the Promoters choosing, along with a bundle of books and a Kindle Fire of the Promoters choosing.
9. The winning story will be subject to a spelling and grammar check should it so require before being published in the book.
10. Prizes are subject to availability and there is no cash alternative. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
11. All entries become the property of the Promoters, who assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or for any failure of the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by the Promoters on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion the Promoters reserve the right, in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend the email portion of this contest should a virus or bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Promoters corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, the Promoters reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically MV reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way. Entrants agree to abide by the Contest Rules and the decisions of the independent judging panel, which are final.
12. The winner will be notified via email on or after the 14th July 2019. The winner must claim their prize within 5 working daysof the Promoter sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
13. The prize is non-transferable, non-negotiable and non-refundable and the winner may not sell or offer the prize for sale or use it for any further competition, contest or promotion.
14. The Promoter will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the prize draw, unless otherwise stated in the entry details. We will process all data received by entrants in accordance with GDPR and Data Protection act 2018 and all other applicable laws. By entering this prize draw, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this prize draw and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented. All information and contact details which have been e-mailed to the firstname.lastname@example.org for the purpose of the ‘young reporter’ competition will be deleted upon agreement of the winner. (a) Should a person entering be under 13 the Promoter will e-mail back to check that permission from the parents has been received. Entry will only be considered valid once affirmation of permission has been received. (b) If a school or teacher sending on behalf of a child, then written permission will have to have been obtained from that child’s parents if they are under 13. Entry will not be considered valid until it has been asserted/demonstrated by the teacher/school that this has been obtained.
15. Winners will be chosen by the Promoter in conjunction with the author of Potkin and Stubbs, Sophie Green and Karl Mountford, the illustrator. The promoter will share the top three stories with the authors, but not the personal details which will not be revealed until a winner has been decided on.
16. The winners agree to take part in reasonable post event publicity and to the use of their names and photographs in such publicity.
17.Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the prize draw, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of Promoter.
18. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Snapchat. You acknowledge that all information and material that you submit to enter this prize draw is submitted to the Promoter and not to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Snapchat and you agree that Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Snapchat shall not be liable to you in any way in respect of this competition.
19. The Promoter is Piccadilly Press an imprint of Bonnier Zaffre, 80-81 Wimpole Street, London, W1G 9RE UK
20. By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
Published 04 Mar 2019